The University City District (UCD) is collecting donations of professional apparel for men and women to benefit the awesome Philly non-profit Career Wardrobe. The clothing goes into one of Career Wardrobe’s boutique where it is provided at no cost to people transitioning into the workforce to help them make a good impression at an interview. Career Wardrobe also offers skills building services. During the past fiscal year, Career Wardrobe outfitted more than 3,000 men and women.
Here’s what they need:
- Professional Apparel: Full Suits, Suit Separates (Blazers, Dress Pants, Skirts), Dresses, Blouses, Tops, Cardigans, Khakis)
- Fashion/High-End Apparel: Tops, Denim, Dresses, Cardigans, Blouses, Dresses, Jackets.
- Professional and Fashion Accessories: Handbags, Shoes, Scarves, and Jewelry
- Professional Apparel: Dress Shirts, Suit Jackets, Dress Pants, Khakis
- Professional Accessories: Ties, Belts, Dress Shoes, Pocket Squares
You can drop your items off at the UCD office at 3940 Chestnut St. on Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Dec. 16. All donations are tax deductible.
Career wardrobe asks that items are clean and in good condition. Bring your donations on hangers or in a shopping bag. You will also need to provide a donation receipt – download one here. If you aren’t sure how much your stuff is worth, check out this pricing guideline.