Visitors / Employees
Residents / Students
University City District is hiring a Vice President for Economic Development. Please download our PDF to learn more about the position and how to apply.
University City District's West Philadelphia Skills Initiative is a cutting edge workforce development program that connects unemployed West Philadelphians to career opportunities with University City's premier employers. The Program Coordinator is a critical member of the West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) and is responsible for overseeing three critical functions:
1. All functions related to the administration of WPSI programs including coordination of all participant on-boarding functions (recruitment, selection and assessment).
2. Associated auxiliary functions including payroll administration, records, supply and facilities management.
3. Management of WPSI's database systems including SalesForce, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), The Benefits Bank, ACT Workkeys and MS Excel to create reports and dashboards, maintain participant data, and input information.
The ideal candidate will serve as our participant's primary source of contact with the Skills Initiative. As such demonstrated emotional intelligence and proficiency interacting with the public is required. Creativity, flexibility and drive are the key attributes that we are looking for.
• Manage applicant scheduling process during recruitments by creating recruitment calendars, coordinating interviews, overseeing pre-program screens and assessments, completing onboarding documentation, and following up with candidates.
• Maintain, collect, quality assure, and organize all programmatic files and ensure records adhere to funder requirements, as necessary.
• Oversee training space to ensure a clean, safe, and well-maintained environment for participants, staff, and visitors; coordinate with the Center manager any issues with contractors and/or property manager.
• Receive and respond to questions via phone calls, email, and in-person visits.
• Provide the highest-quality customer service to current and prospective participants.
• Oversee payroll for program participants by collecting timesheets, inputting pay data into web-based system, and processing W-2 and I-9 paperwork for new payees.
• Account for and maintain all on-site equipment and computing assets; coordinate with service providers as necessary.
• Manage, stock, and maintain supply inventory and place orders with vendors to ensure consistent and proper supply levels.
• Provides administrative support to all members of the WPSI team as needed.
• Utilize Excel, SalesForce, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), and related software packages to maintain client files, enter data, and create and run reports.
• Complete data entry and processing of forms, documents, and applications into SalesForce, Excel, and other online systems in a complete and timely fashion.
• Administer and schedule mass email campaigns using Salesforce and distribution lists.
• Recommend data collection, analysis, and reporting strategies to better inform program operations and recruitment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of an associate's degree required; bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum five (5) years' of related experience, preferably with an organization that provided training services or interacted broadly with the public.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Salesforce and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) preferred
• Creative ability and strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and meticulous.
• At ease speaking to individuals of all educational and skill levels.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume, cover letter, and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Program Coordinator".